The Utah Amateur Radio Club is pleased to announce the creation of
a YouTube page where you can find club-related video content. You
may find UARC's YouTube channel by using the search terms "Utah Amateur Radio Club W7SP" or you may use the link below:
Link to the Utah Amateur Radio Club YouTube channel
At our YouTube channel you will find:
"Classic" club meetings:
- As time and availability permits, we will be posting selected videos of past club meetings from our archive.
- These videos are related to club events or activities - such as field day.
Virtual (online) club meetings:
With recent restrictions preventing large gathering owing to health
concerns, the Utah Amateur Radio Club has begun to present virtual,
online meetings. Past virtual meetings are available for viewing on the club's YouTube channel.
When are these meetings?
- These meetings are held at the normal UARC meeting time: The meeting itself will start at 7:30 PM (Mountain Time) on the second Thursday of every month except July and August.
- As in real life, you can "join" the meeting earlier - In
this case, the live stream will start a half hour before the meeting at
7:00 PM (MT)
Where can I watch these meetings?
- You may find these meetings on UARC's YouTube channel - you can click here - or on the link above - to go there.
- To simply watch the meeting you do not need to log in: Anyone can view the live or recorded content.
- When there is a live stream you will see a video on YouTube marked with a red "LIVE" label - click on that link and you will be on the live stream.
- You can watch the meeting on any device with which you can view YouTube videos such as a phone, laptop, computer, smart TV and tablet.
How do I participate in these meetings?
- You do NOT need
to log in to anything to simply watch the virtual meeting - simply
click on the "Live" video on UARC's YouTube channel during the live
- To participate in the live, virtual UARC meeting via the YouTube chat function you will need a Gmail account.
- After you log into your Gmail account, go to the club's YouTube page and open the live stream. Please note that the YouTube stream is delayed by 20-30 seconds from the "live" event.
- Along the right-hand side of the live video you will see a chat bar where you can enter comments.
- During the live meeting one of the UARC members will be
monitoring the chat and will be given the occasional opportunity to talk about
questions and comments brought up by participants of the YouTube chat during the meeting.
- Remember: The only way that the general public can interact during the meeting is via the YouTube
chat function but you don't need to do anything to just watch it.
If you can't watch the meeting "live":
- The virtual UARC meetings are recorded and made available
afterwards. Within a day or so after the meeting a version that
is trimmed to remove the pre-meeting set-up will appear on UARC's
- Because of YouTube restrictions related to our YouTube
content having been marked as being "Safe for Kids" the comments and chat are
disabled for replayed meeting videos - sorry about that!
Can I still pay my join/renew my UARC membership even when there aren't in-person meetings?
- Yes, you can by going to the "Join or Renew" page (found here) and
pay via PayPal. You can use the online form, or send money via
PayPal to "email@example.com" for the appropriate amount.
- If you don't wish to use PayPal please contact the UARC secretary determine what works best for you - the contact information
is available on the UARC Officer's Page.
Again, here is the Link to the Utah Amateur Radio Club YouTube channel
any other questions about joining/renewing including how to join/renew
your ARRL membership?